Go outside and play! Rockwall is an absolute playground for people who love the outdoors, from the waters of Lake Ray Hubbard to al fresco dining at the Harbor. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing diversion or an electrifying adventure, you’ll find abundant outdoor activities in this peaceful lakefront community.
Top 10 Outdoor Activities in Rockwall
- Hit the Bike Trails – Zoom under shade trees and sunshine on more than 20 miles of trails in Rockwall County, including the Squabble Creek Mountain Bike Trail. Discover six different looping tracks at this creekside trail system, which offers a wide range of terrain for riders of all skill levels.
- Lakeside Strolling – Explore the docks and waterfront pathways at The Harbor Rockwall, admire the yachts, and soak in the luxurious vibe. Go boutique hopping or come late to catch the sunset over the lake.
- Picnic in the Vineyard – Fall’s cooler temperatures are perfect for picnics in the vineyard and wine tastings on the patio at San Martino Winery. Situated on the shores of Lake Ray Hubbard, this beautiful winery hosts foodie events, wine tours, and tastings all season long.
- Go Horseback Riding – Channel your inner cowboy or cowgirl on a scenic trail ride in Rockwall’s beautiful countryside. Children are welcome at Chisholm Trail Rides, which provides lessons and extra-gentle horses for beginners.
- Enjoy a Relaxing Cruise – Set sail on the placid waters of Lake Ray Hubbard on a delightful sightseeing cruise. Harbor Lights offers a variety of boat trips from Rockwall Harbor, including dinner cruises, family cruises, sunset cruises, and late-night starlight cruises. Savor the scenery from the open-air upper deck.
- Golf in the Fresh Air – Practice your swing at Buffalo Creek Golf Club, a fantastic course with challenging fairways, a driving range, and free golf clinics for members. Get ready for your game on the pristine putting green right here at Lakeview Apartments.
- Romp with Your Dog – Every pup needs to play! Check out the big Rockwall Dog Park at Harry Myers Park or throw balls right here at our fenced-in dog play area. You can clean up your bestie after the fun in our luxurious outdoor pet wash.
- Fishing & Boating – Reel in a brag-worthy catch at Lake Ray Hubbard, a fishing hotspot and one of the biggest lakes in Texas. The lake’s placid waters are teeming with largemouth bass, hybrid striped bass, white bass, blue catfish, channel catfish, and white crappie. Rent a boat or drop a line from a dock.
- Grill Burgers (or Veggie Kabobs!) with Friends & Fam – Fire up the grill and gather together for an impromptu barbecue dinner. There’s just something magic about dining outside around a picnic table – and you’ll find several of them near our charcoal grilling area.
- Golf Like a Pro – Game on! Play at the top-rated Buffalo Creek Golf Club or head to Rockwall Golf Club to tee off with fantastic views of Lake Ray Hubbard. Practice on our putting green and keep your skills sharp.
Embrace the Outdoors with a Lakeside Lifestyle
It’s easy to get outside and play when you live two blocks from Lake Ray Hubbard. Enjoy indoor/outdoor living at Lakeview Apartments, a laid-back luxury retreat with inspiring water views. Immerse yourself in Rockwall’s amazing natural beauty and discover endless outdoor adventures, all right outside your door. Live the ultimate lakeside lifestyle.